Thursday, March 24, 2005

Exceeding Expectations

The PSP is SO much better than I had anticipated. Probably most surprising is the screen. Its clarity is PHENOMENAL. Since the unit came with the UMD version of the Spider-Man 2 film, its showcasing its ability extremely early. The demo disc is a little on the weak side, but the movies are pretty high-res and can give you a good idea of what the games would look like. The "dashboard" is also incredibly cool. Lots of access to settings to the usual stuff (time, date, nickname, etc.) and I can't WAIT to get home and set up the wireless networking stuff. In wondering why the ugly lime-green color couldn't be changed, we discovered it changes by itself on the first of each month. Don't know if that's going to be an unadjustable feature, but the Network Update option looks REALLY interesting. When I click it, it immediately tells me I need to set up the network first. WEIRD!! These pics do NOT do the system justice AT ALL! I'll take some pics with Lindsay's camera tonight. It's gorgeous, and after I copy some music to it, and some small videos, (seeing as how I now only have a 32mb stick), I feel I'll be that much more happy with the purchase. More later...

No comments: